- One gallon of water per person per day, plan on a minimum of three days.
- A 3-day supply of non-perishable food and a can opener if you are including canned food. Lee and I always maintain crackers, nuts, dried fruit, and Wine in our emergency food supply.
- Battery powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio plus extra batteries.
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Masks for Covid-19
- Moist towelettes and garbage bags
- Wrench, Pliers, and a hammer, just in case you need to turn off water, or make a quick repair.
- Prescription medicine for 5 days
Planning for hurricane season can be stressful, especially while we are currently handling the COVID-19 Crisis, but if you are prepared you will have less to worry about. Solivita has Underground Power Lines so in Solivita you are safe from high winds, falling wires and poles, but the potential of underground lines being damaged in a flood is still possible. Solivita is not in a flood zone, therefore potential flood damage is minimized. Having stated all the above, Hurricanes can be destructive, and power can be interrupted during a storm, therefore it is better to be safe than sorry.