This recipe comes together in a snap and is a delicious treat for the Chef and the lucky diners.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (a roaster from Publix will do)
- 1 cup (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese with Peppers
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5 Oz.) can chopped green chilies drained.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8 inch) flour or corn tortillas
- Vege Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (8 oz) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese with Peppers
- 8 Oz of Sour Cream
- 8 Oz bottle of green taco sauce.
Stir together first 5 ingredients. Coat tortillas with vegetable cooking spray. Heat them in a sauté pan just for a few minutes to soften them up. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla and roll them up seam side down. Arrange in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Add 2nd cup of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese to the top of the Enchiladas and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. Mix 8 Oz Sour Cream and 8 Oz. of Green Taco Sauce together and spoon over HOT Enchiladas and before serving or at the table. Sprinkle with any, or all, of the below toppings.
Serve with toppings: diced orange peppers, diced tomato, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, and chopped cilantro.
If you really like “Kicked Up” Enchiladas add a diced Jalapeno to the first 5 ingredients.